Friday, July 27, 2007

Library visits, 2nd half of July

Can't post. Too busy reading Outlander books! Here are my book-hauls from the library in the past couple of weeks. (I've been checking out Upstairs Downstairs over and over again too, but I haven't been watching them as much as I might like -- I haven't had as much alone-doing-chores time this summer as I anticipated.)


  • 17 July:

    • In Spite of the Gods: the strange rise of modern India (Edward Luce)
    • Dragonfly in Amber (Diana Gabaldon)
    • Voyager (Diana Gabaldon)
    • Lady Ilena: Way of the Warrior (Patricia Malone)

  • 25 July:

    • The Fiery Cross (Diana Gabaldon)
    • Drums of Autumn (Diana Gabaldon)
    • The Penguin Book of Irish Fiction

      (I picked these up at a branch I'd never been to before. One librarian asked me if they were out of small books that day, and another raved companionably about Diana Gabaldon's speaking skills.)


  • 26 July:

    • Lord John and the Private Matter (Diana Gabaldon) (to make the Outlander series last just a little longer!)
    • Charity Girl (Michael Lowenthal) (so I could have a copy out on my own card)
    • Hikaru no go. 1, Descent of the Go master (Yumi Hotta) (for Adam)

No comments: